Thursday, February 17, 2011

Find Strength in what remains behind

"Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be..."
William Wordsworth


The last three weeks, have been anything been consistent for me. the way my days could go from high to low was impressive, even to someone who has never really known a normal in their life. Its hard to say whether those days and weeks of highs and lows will return. I'm sure they will but can hope that in light of recent events they will occur less often.

There is a calming in the air as a part of my life has been eliminated. I feel that the sun shining down is only an indication that was has recently ended was never meant to continue. This only brightens the smile on my face knowing that I no longer have to worry about being pushed down when I'm finally having a day of peace.

I was scolding a few weeks ago for making my thoughts public. For days, I felt like maybe I should just keep things to myself. Then someone told me how they appreciated what I had to say and it meant a lot to them. So to this person who brought me so far down for the last three months I have one thing to say to you: look in the mirror, and tell me that you honestly like who you've become.

I don't feel sad about the loss of a relationship, in fact I feel enlighten and hopeful for an even more amazing future. For sometimes you find that even though you have endured more pain and suffering then another person, you may be in a better place then they are.

I'm working on remembering my mom by doing things that she would do, or by doing things that I used to do that meant a lot to her.

So I baked my signature cookies that she loved, and gave them to other people. I baked muffins and used one of her favorite recipes.

One of our last conversations we talked about how she wished I was closer to her and could come bake for her. She loved when I baked or my sister made one of her unique creations.

I feel honored to have learned so many things from her in the short time that I had with her.


"Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be..."
William Wordsworth

I will find strength in what remains, the memories of my mom and the many wonderful things that she blessed me with.


2 comments:

Joni said...

Love you honey!! I am here for you.

mary genovese said...

Mel, love your blog. I read the one to heather...thank you for being her good friend. She is watching over you and so is your mom. Don't ever feel bad about sharing your feelings! You need to share in order to go through your grief. Oh, I think next time you are back in town we need to have lunch and chat about your mom and Heath. I'm glad we have become friends and I am only a phone call away any time you need to talk. Love ya! Mary genovese